Friday, June 29, 2018

1 Corinthians 9:27 -- On Subjection and Order

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."
1 Corinthians 9:27


This is a good reminder that we should keep our bodies in subjection.  I don't think that means to harm them or treat them badly, but instead it is about priorities and boundaries.  Too often we live our lives just doing whatever our bodies want, rather than making sure that our spirits are behind the wheel.  It is an important lesson, because I think that we all know that we can get into a lot of trouble indulging uncontrolled appetites and passions.

Today, let's find out how much our lives can improve when we work to satisfy our spiritual desires before, and sometimes instead of, our physical ones.  Let's work with God and make sure that we check in with him on our priorities from time to time.  He will guide and teach us as we look to him for help, and will help us regain some order in our lives as we need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews