Monday, July 17, 2017

Micah 6:6-8 -- On Walking with God

"Wherewith shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
Micah 6:6-8


This is a good reminder that the gospel is a lot simpler than we sometimes make it.  We get overwhelmed and frustrated by our inability to be perfect, but sometimes we need to stop calculating the dramatic sacrifices that we need to make, and just get back to living the gospel.

God has showed us what is good, and we can focus on some basic things: being honest and fair in our dealings with others, loving mercy and offering forgiveness and kindness to others, and walking with God, in a humble way rather than like we are better than others. :)

I especially like the walking with God part.  Walking with God is something that the scriptures tell us that many prophets had a chance to do, and these verses basically say that we can do... if we focus on simplicity in our worship: staying in tune with God's spirit, and making sure we are always treating others as he asks.  That feeling of walking wherever we go, and having God with us, guiding and helping us through it all... that's something I think we all want.  Today, let's focus in, and work for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews