Friday, July 28, 2017

Jude 1:24-25 -- On Presenting us Faultless

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."
Jude 1:24-25


These verses I think I have glossed over before as just kind of a farewell message sort of thing, not too deep or sincere, just something to say when you are signing off.  But, of course, when I actually really *noticed* them today, I found that they contained some incredible stuff.

The fact that God can keep us from falling, and present us faultless... both of those are incredibly amazing.  Those aren't things that I can do for myself, or that any of us can.  Those are things that *only* God can do... and which are two of the innumerable reasons that we love and follow him.  I don't want to fall.  I also want to show up in the end clean, and able to get through those "pearly gates." :)   However, I am fallible, and already fallen.  I've got plenty of faults, and I don't even always want to give them up.  ... So, in order to have a chance at heaven, guess what?  I'm going to need a LOT of help.  Not just pep-talk help, mind you.  Serious, in-depth help to change my mind and my heart and to help me learn not to keep digging holes and falling into them.

... And that's what we all need, right?  Someone who can help us change and learn and grow even when we have already failed a thousand times.  Someone who has the patience and faith in us to celebrate the tiniest progress and keep working with us as we work our way up to able-to-tie-our-own-shoes level, spiritually.

Today, glory and majesty, dominion and power to the only wise God our savior. ... Because we so desperately need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews