Friday, September 23, 2016

Psalms 37:4 -- On Delight and Desire

"Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
Psalms 37:4


I like this idea, that if we delight in the Lord, that we will get the desires of our hearts.  It seems on the surface to be an easy thing, but inherent in the message is delighting in the Lord, thus making his will and his purposes part of the desires of our hearts. :)  I'm not saying that it means we can't have what we want, because I have seen time and again in my own life that God does give me what I want.  I think that sometimes is amazing and perfect, and other times is is scary.  The challenge here is learning to want better things: things that are good for us, and for the world.  But not like cod liver oil and bigger nuclear weapons or something.  ... God isn't asking us to shut our eyes and swallow something that is disgusting.  He's really going to give us our desires.  He just wants us to make sure that we are desiring things that will help us and not hurt us.

Today, let's delight in the Lord, work for his cause, and allow him to teach us even better desires.  And let's give thanks for the amazing blessings that God sends us every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews