Saturday, May 28, 2016

Mosiah 26:23-26 -- On Knowing Christ and Choosing Redemption

"For it is I that taketh upon me the sins of the world; for it is I that hath created them; and it is I that granteth unto him that believeth unto the end a place at my right hand.
For behold, in my name are they called; and if they know me they shall come forth, and shall have a place eternally at my right hand.
And it shall come to pass that when the second trump shall sound then shall they that never knew me come forth and shall stand before me.
And then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, that I am their Redeemer; but they would not be redeemed."
Mosiah 26:23-26


This is a good reminder of how important it is to have a relationship with Christ... not only to get to know God, but so that He can know us on another level: know how it is to work with us, to struggle with us through our challenges. To be a team with him.  If we don't know God on an intimate friendship level, then how can he claim that he knows us when judgement day comes?  How can we take upon us the name of Christ if we know nothing about him or how he works?

Today, let's be willing to be redeemed.  I know that takes some humility... to admit that we need help, and it is a struggle to submit sometimes, even to an authority as perfect and legitimate as God.  We have pretty big stubborn streaks sometimes.  Let's get to know Christ, and I think that will not only help us at the judgement day, but it will help us to trust God a lot more.  We'll realize how much he loves us and wants the best for us... how he can magnify our efforts, and how he can help.  As we get to know him, I think that all of that stubborn will melt a little, and we'll realize that this is someone that we are safe with, and that we can trust to make more of our lives, and to advocate more for us than we can alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews