Sunday, February 1, 2015

D&C 50:24 -- On Being the Light

"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day."
Doctrine and Covenants 50:24


I like the idea that we can not only walk in the light, but that we can actually *be* the light.  It's a cool idea.  Sometimes I feel like I have darkness inside, not in the sense that my darkness gives me an excuse to be dark... but in the sense that I need to clean house.  Need to get it out, and end the pain that goes along with it.  And that's what God does... what God is.  He is the light that can drive away our darkness.  He comforts us by filling us.  By replacing that black hole that causes us pain and despair with a sun, he shines joy and hope through us, filling us with goodness instead.
Today, let's remember to let in God's light.  Let's become light, and let go of our darkness... trading pain for joy, and despair for hope.  It won't happen all at once, but that is okay.  We'll get to that perfect day eventually, as long as we don't give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews