Friday, November 8, 2013

Psalms 25:1-5

"Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."
Psalms 25:1-5


I think these are some beautiful verses.  The central theme that I see here is trust.  I think that is where any real relationship begins.  If there is no trust, then there is no depth.  We can't talk about the things that matter, or have any faith in the future, that we'll still be friends, or that we'll even be on the same side. :)  And I think with God it is even more, because we can't really have a relationship with him at all without some level of trust... trust that he is there, trust that he will listen to us... trust that he loves us.  And these verses illustrate other ways that we learn to trust God.  We trust him to lead us, knowing that he can see what is coming and we can't.  We trust him to teach us, knowing that he has infinitely more knowledge, experience, and wisdom than we do.  We trust him to protect us from shame and defeat, knowing that he has the power and is willing to protect us if we are trying to do good.  And we trust God to sort things out fairly.  If we transgress without cause, then we expect to be ashamed, but we trust God to sort out all of us by how we behave, and to understand the reasons behind it as well.  To be a perfect judge.  Finally, we trust God to be the source of our salvation.  To save us even from ourselves and our own sin as we strive to improve.
Today, let's lift our souls to God, and trust that he will take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews