Monday, October 28, 2013

Micah 7:7-9

"Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.
I will bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness."
Micah 7:7-9


 I really like these verses.  The "when I fall, I shall arise" part especially.  This is what faith is.  We can't be perfect today.  We can get closer than yesterday, but we're still going to fall short.  Faith is still trying.  Faith is trying until someday, we get it.  Just like learning to walk, or read, or ride a bike.  We can't be perfect at anything the first time we try... but if we keep at it, and keep trying, then we *will* learn it, and it will get easier. :)  We have the opportunity to come to this Earth and to learn, not because God is expecting us never to fall down... but because in falling down, we learn, and one of the things that we learn is how to stand up again, and how to continue despite hardships.
It takes humility to get back up sometimes... to admit our failures and try again.  But it also takes courage and bravery and heroism.  To let go of the need to look good in favor of the desire to BE good.
Today, let's look unto the Lord. :)  Our God will hear us.  And if we fall, let's get back up and keep following him to the light.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews