Thursday, April 21, 2011

1 Corinthians 16:15-16

"I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,)
That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us, and laboureth."
1 Corinthians 16:15-16


I love "they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints." I think that is awesome, and it makes me realize/remember a couple of things... first, that all addictions aren't bad. And second, that maybe this is what we should all be striving for. It's basically the same as "anxiously engaged," but for me it makes it all click into place in a different way. I think of things that I could say I am "addicted" to, and invariably, I *love* them... I wish I could do them all the time. I wish I had this life where I could just jump from one of them to another and not have to deal with any of those regular mundane chores that I am NOT addicted to. :) Imagine feeling that way about the ministry of the saints. :) Imagine feeling that way about the gospel in general, and our callings specifically. I love that idea. And maybe we catch a glimpse of that sometimes. I know that I sometimes feel that way about the scriptures, or about prayer. I love it... it makes me feel fantastic, and connected, and ... whole. But feeling that way all the time... I'm not there. I want to be though... and that brings us to the second verse. It asks us to submit ourselves unto such... unto those people that are addicted to ministering to the saints. :) And in terms of learning how to have that same addiction, and how to feel that way all the time, it makes so much sense... submit to those people that we can learn from, and who are dedicated (and addicted) to our welfare. :) I love it... I love the idea of being addicted, and maybe for the first time in my life, I actually *love* the idea of submitting as well. Because it is how we learn, and something that I so much *want* to learn. :) Today, let's work on getting that incredibly positive addiction in our lives, and learning from those people that we see already have it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews