Friday, July 11, 2008

1 John 3:10-11 -- On Active Love

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."
1 John 3:10-11


I like this, but am also a little concerned. I like it because... how easy to tell who the children of God are. :) People who do good things and who love each other.  I'm concerned because... am I that person?  Do I do righteous things, or do I just kind of avoid the bad things? :) Do I love other people, or do I just kind of try to avoid offending them?  This scripture sounds a lot more active than I sometimes am... and later in this same chapter it says "let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and truth." ... Which just kind of hammers it home.  Today, I am going to try to be more action-oriented with my righteousness and my love. I invite you to do the same. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews