Monday, July 14, 2008

1 John 1:3

"That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ."
1 John 1:3


This one struck me today because of the religious controversy I find myself in the middle of in real life. :) I'm one of the Community Coordinators for a website (and thus, theoretically, unbiased), and some of the users have been asking us to "encourage" the Messianic Jews, the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons, etc. to post somewhere else besides in the Christianity area... because (apparently) they aren't real Christians. ... Yeah.  So, it is disturbing me somewhat... and I really appreciated this verse today because of that.  To me, it says ... listen, we're sharing our experiences with you so that we can understand each other better, so that we can hang out together and see each other's perspectives.  We don't share our experiences and beliefs to further an argument or to tear each other down... but to grow closer to God.  Today, let's work on not using the gospel as a club, to beat other people who disagree with us down, but rather as an instrument of peace, to further the cause of fellowship, and help everyone stand taller, all of us joining in the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews