Thursday, August 12, 2004

Helaman 6:3

"Nevertheless, the people of the church did have great joy because of the conversion of the Lamanites, yea, because of the church of God, which had been established among them. And they did fellowship one with another, and did rejoice one with another, and did have great joy."
Helaman 6:3


I like this scripture because it shows us that one of the paths to joy is our interaction with other people.  We can't withdraw from everyone and make it to Heaven as individual hermits... as enticing as that idea can be at times. :)  We share the gospel with other people because it makes them happy, but also because we have more people to commune with about the gospel. :)  Some of the best conversations of my life (and believe me, I have had some amazing ones) have been when I had the opportunity to talk about the church with my friends... while playing cards, or eating pizza, or whatever.  Today, let's partake of some of the abundant joy to be had... talk about the gospel, and fellowship with others.  No hermits today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews