Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Philippians 2:2-4


"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others."
Philippians 2:2-4


It seems that God would like it if we would like each other more. :)
There are some cool things here... let *nothing* be done basically with the wrong motivation.   We need to work on doing what we do for the right reasons.   I think it is cool that we should esteem others better than ourselves. ... and I don't think that it is saying that we need to harbor self-esteem problems either... but that we should like who we are, but make sure that we like other people more.  Imagine what the world would be like if we actually loved everyone as much as we love the closest people to us.   These few, we love more than ourselves, and are free and open with, both materially and spiritually.  If we treated other people like that, the world would be an infinitely better place. :)
Things... yesterday someone rear-ended my car as I was on my way to teach a class. I was mad.  I pulled off so that we could exchange information, and the other person just drove off.  Then I was so angry I was shaking... but think of how different that situation would be if we truly loved each other. And I'm not saying from the other person's side, but from mine.  If it was my brother or my best friend, I wouldn't have been angry at all.  We would have talked, looked at the car, and gone on with our lives. ... today, let's try to love others more.  Let's imagine what things would be like if we loved other people more, and then do what we can to make our environments more like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews