Thursday, January 9, 2003

Matthew 25:40

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
Matthew 25:40


I know that we've probably all heard this scripture a lot.  Sad, really, that some scriptures are so common to us that we forget to think about them, but I think that that has been the case with me and this scripture.  This is fascinating to think about.  Is it part of the atonement that Christ relates to each of us so personally, or is it how we should feel about each other... or both?  I think that there are some people in my life that if someone offended them I would take it as a personal affront... and if someone was cool to them, I would feel like that person were being cool to me... but I don't think that is a common thing in my life, and I wonder if it should be.  Is it part of becoming "one" ... becoming a Zion people, of one heart and one mind?  Maybe so... and so maybe I should be relating to people more, trying to understand them more, having more of those types of friendships that connect to me in a real way. :)  Maybe we all should. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews