Sunday, October 20, 2002

Job 13:15

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him."
Job 13:15


I think that often we try to make our relationships with God dependent on something... like "if you give me this, God, then I'll do whatever you say." or we expect God to give us only blessings and not trials... and when we get trials, then we start to doubt.  How could God, who is good and perfect, want to make us sad and unhappy?  ... Things like that.  What we don't understand... and what Job apparently *did* understand... is that no matter what God does, he is still God. :)  He still loves us and cares about us, and wants the best for us, and works toward our happiness.  He does things that we don't understand sometimes, but the failure there is ours, not his.  We can't comprehend why, but if we truly know God, we still know... even if he decides that today is the day to die... that he is doing what is best for us.  "How could *this* possibly be the best thing for us" we wonder... and often it takes the perspective of many years to be able to look back and understand.  Sometimes we don't understand even then... but God isn't bound by time, and he definitely has a larger perspective than we possibly can here on earth.  He sees the good that he is doing, and that is why Job said "though he slay me, yet will I trust in him."  Hopefully we will learn the courage and the faith to be able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews