Wednesday, September 4, 2002

Helaman 4:13

"And because of this their great wickedness, and their boastings in their own strength, they were left in their own strength; therefore they did not prosper, but were afflicted and smitten, and driven before the Lamanites, until they had lost possession of almost all their lands."
Helaman 4:13


This is interesting because it seems like being left in your own strength is a huge curse.  I find that to be true in my life... those times when I feel uninspired and I know that I'm on my own, absolutely reliant upon only my personal strengths and weaknesses, those are the worst times in my life.  Becoming your best self is a good thing, and helps us grow and learn confidence... but even when I am at my best self, it isn't enough.  I still fail; I still wander off the path and get lost... I still have times when I feel isolated or scared or depressed.  That's when I need God, because he doesn't have my weaknesses, and he seems to be able to make everything okay somehow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews