Tuesday, August 27, 2002

1 Corinthians 1:27

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."
1 Corinthians 1:27


My students just turned their "Who Am I" papers, and I was grading them this weekend.  One of the guys in my class wrote about how he has finally discovered who he is, and how he was finally free of the religion that had been brainwashing him since he was small.  One of his lines was "I am God of my life."  He's a brilliant kid... and I admire the fact that he feels that he has some power in his life... but I also believe in God.  How do you reconcile things like that?  I think it is interesting that the Lord doesn't fight us on our own turf. :)  If we have intellectual reasons for doubting him, he'll throw us with a sunrise.  If we have bitter resentment feeding us, he'll have a child ask us an innocent question.  The world is so much bigger than we see... there is so much evidence out there that we have yet to confront.  Perhaps the reason that God wants us to live good, long lives is so that we can be confronted with more and more evidence, and find the way that God and ourselves both exist, without canceling each other out. :) The young man in my class thinks that if he has control of his life that there is no God... but I need God in order to control my own fate.  Now, I'm off to see the sunrise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews