Friday, July 12, 2002

Luke 6:24

"But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation."
Luke 6:24


Sometimes the gospel perspective seems to be so foreign to "rational" thought.  Take this scripture for example.  It is basically saying that it is too bad if you are rich because you have been rewarded and don't have your reward to look forward to. :)  In a world full of the philosophy of "now," that is difficult to understand.  A similar (to me) thing happens to me in traffic sometimes.  I'll be driving down the road, thinking about how to jockey for position, how to get in front of this or that car... and then I will realize that God blessed me with the bus or the minivan or whoever it is in front of me, to get me to slow down and to keep me safe.  It's such a change in viewpoint that I have to laugh at myself for actually caring whether I am three car lengths ahead of where I am or not.  Today, let's stop and try to consider God's ways... maybe it will help us bring our lives more into focus and into perspective. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews