Monday, July 8, 2002

Ezekiel 38:10

"Thus saith the Lord God; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought."
Ezekiel 38:10


I know that I should probably be used to God being amazing, but this just boggled my mind as I read it.  This chapter is talking about the gathering of Israel and the war of Gog and Magog against Israel in the last days, and here God predicts that Gog will think an evil thought. :)  And, really, not only that because he goes on detailing what that thought will be and all the things that will happen because of it.  And he knew all of this zillions of years ago (if time existed at all of course).  Somehow when God is predicting what people will be thinking it becomes more real than theoretical to me. :)  It also helps me to see the immense gap between God's understanding and my own.  Sometimes I don't fully comprehend the difference and I start wondering why God can't just come out and explain things. :) But at times like this, when I feel the gap, then I know that he is wise to not overwhelm me by trying to explain everything. :)  Just like I can't explain Bloom's Taxonomy to my less-than-two-year-old nephew, God can't explain Advanced Creation Application to me.  I won't get it until I learn a lot more about myself and about the world I live in.  There are some answers that we have to find out for ourselves, the journey is the lesson. Hopefully I will remember this for a longer period of time and not get overly frustrated again at my lack of understanding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews