Thursday, September 27, 2001

Revelation 22:11-12

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."
Revelation 22:11-12


I think that this is interesting... when we think about heaven, do we think about being restored, like this scripture talks about, to what we have learned and become... or do we think of becoming instantly better than we now are? :)  There are scriptures like this throughout the scriptures, telling us "he that is happy shall be happy still; and he that is unhappy shall be unhappy still" (Mormon 9:14) and "with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." (Matthew 7:2).  And when I read all of these scriptures about restoration... receiving a reward according (exactly) to what I do in this life... I have to take a closer look at my life.  If God judges me the way that I judge others, will I come out okay?  Am I satisfied enough with who I am that I would like to be this way for eternity? :)  ... will I be able to stand before God the way I am... without flinching? :)  When God talks about giving to each of us according to our work, I get a little worried.  I think I am very unjust at times... and probably not diligent enough about ridding myself of filthiness (hmm, after this I think I will go take a long shower with a lot of soap...). :)
The thing is, even after this life, God *still* isn't going to compel us to be anything besides what we have chosen to be.  We don't have to do it alone... but we do have to want the help... and make an effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews