Wednesday, September 26, 2001

Doctrine and Covenants 38:7-8

"But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you.  I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;
But the day soon cometh that ye shall see me, and know that I am; for the veil of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not purified shall not abide the day."
Doctrine and Covenants 38:7-8


I think this is cool.  God is with us, and even though we can't see through the veil... can't remember through the veil, we can pray through it, and feel his presence.  He is watching over us all the time, and I like especially the part that says "the veil of darkness shall soon be rent."  ... Sincerely, that will be a great day.  I know that a lot of destructions and stuff are supposed to go along with it... but *nothing* can darken a day when the veil is rent and we are restored, whole... with intact premortal memories, when the veil of darkness is removed and our souls are filled with light. :)  That will be amazing.  It's a little scary of course when it says that if we aren't purified we won't abide the day... but that just means that we have to get purified. :)  Sometimes it seems a little daunting, but God can help us to do anything, and even make it way easier than we expect.
Imagine, just being able to remember the premortal world... remembering who you were and what you wanted from this mortal life.  I would give anything for that... and I suppose that is exactly the point.  God is asking us to give the effort that it takes to be purified, and to stand before him clean... so that we may abide the day, and the memories. :)  There are a lot of things that I don't really understand in life, and I look forward to when God reveals all of the mysteries, and restores us to our full selves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews