Monday, March 27, 2000

2 Corinthians 5:15 -- On Living His Dream

"And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again."
2 Corinthians 5:15


Interesting stuff.  I was reminded of this scripture yesterday in this remarkable lesson we had in relief society... on *chastity* of all things.  Usually not one of the lesson subjects that you just rejoice in, but this time it was. :)  Bold and clarifying.
Anyway, *today* we are talking about this scripture and it is a great one... Christ died for us, giving us a chance to work for something greater than ourselves.  Instead of living for ourselves and our limited aspirations... we can live Christ's dream for us instead... becoming greater individuals as well as members of a Zion community.  Something to live for... to work at.  I know when I think of what I can be in life, I think maybe I will grow up and become a hermit. :)  But God has other plans, and maybe... if I work really hard, and trust him... his dreams will become reality for me instead of my own... which are admittedly, rather limited.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews