Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Alma 22:3 -- On Example and Emulation

"And now, O king, if thou wilt spare our lives, we will be thy servants. And the king said unto them: Arise, for I will grant unto you your lives, and I will not suffer that ye shall be my servants; but I will insist that ye shall administer unto me; for I have been somewhat troubled in mind because of the generosity and the greatness of the words of thy brother Ammon; and I desire to know the cause why he has not come up out of Middoni with thee."
Alma 22:3


The interesting concept to me here is the idea of being troubled by generosity and greatness. I think we can relate to this, at least sometimes, because we want to be better than we are, and so seeing people setting a good, higher example makes us a little uneasy... hopefully in a way that motivates us to improve.

Today, let's acknowledge the people in our lives that we want to emulate, and then let's talk to God about working on that, as long as he agrees of course. Above all, let's try to be more like our Savior, finding ways to help the people around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews