Wednesday, January 18, 2023

John 14:2 -- On Mansions

"In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."
John 14:2


This is one of the ways that Jesus consoled his apostles before his death. I am not sure they knew it was consolation at the time, but after they certainly would have looked back and realized.

The idea of many mansions inside one house I don't know if I understand, but if anyone has a house that big, it would be God. :) And I kind of like the idea of that sort of togetherness as well. Our own space, but still part of something bigger so we can hang with everyone else too. Christ's message can be a consolation to us all. No matter what we go through here, Christ will be waiting to welcome us home on the other side. Today, let's trust in him and his gospel, and look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews