Thursday, January 26, 2023

D&C 35:24-27 -- On Shaking the Heavens

"Keep all the commandments and covenants by which ye are bound; and I will cause the heavens to shake for your good, and Satan shall tremble and Zion shall rejoice upon the hills and flourish;
And Israel shall be saved in mine own due time; and by the keys which I have given shall they be led, and no more be confounded at all.
Lift up your hearts and be glad, your redemption draweth nigh.
Fear not, little flock, the kingdom is yours until I come. Behold, I come quickly. Even so. Amen."
Doctrine and Covenants 35:24-27


There are several cool things in here, but I think my favorites are that God will shake the heavens for our good, and the phrase "fear not little flock." God cares about us, and I love that he is offering us some comfort.

The heavens shaking for our good I am guessing is like the verses that talk about all things working together for the good of those that love God--the idea of everything connected and when we do as God suggests and tap into his system, that all of his resources are there to support us. ... Either that or the mental image that I first got of a giant salt shaker showering down some good on all of us, which, you know, is also cool. :)

Today, let's rejoice upon the hills, and let our hearts be glad. Let's keep the commandments and fear not, and live so that the heavens will shake for our good. Let's grow and learn and love and share and someday meet God again, with confidence in his love and his acceptance, because we have been preparing for that very day, and learning to love him more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews