Monday, December 26, 2022

Mormon 6:6 -- On Working for God

"And it came to pass that when we had gathered in all our people in one to the land of Cumorah, behold I, Mormon, began to be old; and knowing it to be the last struggle of my people, and having been commanded of the Lord that I should not suffer the records which had been handed down by our fathers, which were sacred, to fall into the hands of the Lamanites, (for the Lamanites would destroy them) therefore I made this record out of the plates of Nephi, and hid up in the hill Cumorah all the records which had been entrusted to me by the hand of the Lord, save it were these few plates which I gave unto my son Moroni."
Mormon 6:6


This is right before the Nephites get obliterated, which is a sad event of course, but from a historical perspective, this helps us know that the Spirit was with Mormon, helping him to think ahead and preserve the records. I also like the idea here that it was God that was entrusting them to him, and it wasn't just some museum job or interest in historical preservation. His work on the records was a spiritual undertaking and something he knew that the Lord was overseeing. With records, and I think with all of our careers, I think we can have that spirit, and do our jobs in the Lord's way, working to serve and help others and to accomplish even more in our lives with God than we could ever achieve alone.

Today, let's include God in our work, and whatever we do, let's do it unto him, and he will grant us success, and help us look ahead for how we can work together with his plan and serve others in the best way... working for God, no matter what jobs we have in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews