Sunday, December 18, 2022

Hebrews 8:10-11 -- On Knowing the Lord

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest."
Hebrews 8:10-11


I like this idea... I don't think that it is a forced obedience in any way, but either something we ask for (as we ask for a change of heart now), or else a reward for a good life as we go into the millenium... better memory, better recall of everything we believe in, and with God right in front of us, we move from faith to sure knowledge. ... I know it is popular to think of heaven/the millenium as boring, but I don't think that at all. I think with the kind of solid foundation of everyone knowing God, and that kind of unity, we can build farther and better, and become more than we've ever dreamed of being.

Today, let's ponder the possibilities of unity, and how things could be if everyone knew the Lord. Someday, thankfully, we'll have that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews