Thursday, May 27, 2021

Revelation 3:10 -- On Patience and Temptation

"Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."
Revelation 3:10


I had already been thinking about patience, and then I came across this verse, which lets us know that patience helps us with temptation. Definitely lots of natural consequence mixed in there, but I love that it is also a promise from God that if we can be patient, he will keep us from temptation.

So today, an additional reason to learn patience. Patience will make our lives better, will help us think things through, and will also alleviate some of the temptations that we would otherwise encounter. Let's take this seriously and work on accepting God's timing rather than trying to rush things on our own schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews