Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Luke 21:19 -- On Patience

"In your patience possess ye your souls."
Luke 21:19


Praying for patience can be scary, because it usually delivers a situation where we need to be patient, and that's hard.  Nevertheless, I like this advice... to make patience a way of life, and a part of our spiritual practice.

I wonder how different our lives would be with the addition of a talent for patience. At least in mine, I think that a good dose of patience would solve a *lot* of problems, forcing me to think things out a little more and eliminating my tendency to say things that I don't really believe because I speak before I think it through.  Likely, some patience could improve all of our lives.
 
Today, let's take Christ's advice and work on building up a talent for patience.  I think our lives will become a lot cooler and calmer as a side effect of working that into our talent mastery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews