Saturday, August 31, 2013

Psalms 139:17-18 -- On God's Thoughts

"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee."
Psalms 139:17-18


This is interesting. God's thoughts are incredibly precious, and the number is beyond comprehension at our current math level.  But the intriguing part I was thinking about today is "when I awake, I am still with thee."  I'm not sure if this means that we talk to God in our sleep, and learn some of his thoughts... but it could be.

There are several stories in the scriptures about people speaking with God in a dream or getting a vision from that same source.  I think that is a cool idea, that we sometimes talk to God during that physical downtime.  But whether or not that is true, it is still amazing that we get to be with God when we're awake, and that we can know at least some of his thoughts.

Sometimes we dismiss prayer and scripture study as typical Sunday School answers or the obvious.  But there are few things as important.  Those things are the source of our communication with God... and like any other relationship, or job, or endeavor... if communication breaks down, everything falls apart.  Today, no matter where we are in our lives, good or bad, up or down, let's see the value in the thoughts of God... and let's communicate with him to gain that precious insight and help in figuring out life, the world, and ourselves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews