Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Doctrine and Covenants 43:21

"For if I, who am a man, do lift up my voice and call upon you to repent, and ye hate me, what will ye say when the day cometh when the thunders shall utter their voices from the ends of the earth, speaking to the ears of all that live, saying--Repent, and prepare for the great day of the Lord?"
Doctrine and Covenants 43:21


This is a good thing to take to heart.  Many times we get angry when our faults are pointed out, whether it is well-meaning or not.  And I'm definitely not saying that we should go and point out faults in each other.  I think that is a mote and beam situation, and I am still working on myself... no need to try to see someone else's flaws through my own impaired vision.  However, when we do hear about our faults, however we learn about them, let's take a step back and evaluate whether that information is valid.  If it isn't, then no worries.  If it is, let's ignore the delivery method... that doesn't matter.  What matters is that we have something true in front of us that we should address.  Staying the same and never changing only works for God, who is already perfect.  If we stay the same and never change, then we're basically saying, okay, this is the way that I want to be at judgment day.  ... and I don't think any of us are ready for that.  Repentance sometimes seems like an overwhelming thing... but the pieces of it aren't.  If we take it a step at a time, we can get through it and past it and on to better things.  Let's take those steps... and keep working on ourselves and getting better every day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews