Thursday, April 30, 2009

1 Nephi 12:5

"And it came to pass after I saw these things, I saw the vapor of darkness, that it passed from off the face of the earth; and behold, I saw multitudes that had not fallen because of the great and terrible judgments of the Lord."
1 Nephi 12:5


I know that a lot of bad things are going on in this chapter, and if I were there I probably wouldn’t be enjoying it… cities destroyed in so many ways, and being left in utter darkness and the fear of destruction for what would feel like a very long time… but reading this verse this morning, it struck me like pure hope. Pure joy. After all of the bad things, the light returns, and the people realize that they are okay… they are alive. They have a chance to grow and learn and live… and more than that for these people… they are the ones that are prepared to see the Lord. They are the ones who in the midst of all the trials, didn’t lose faith. They came through the darkness and they are going on to amazing things. They aren’t looking around and grumbling about trying to rebuild… they are kissing the ground, and praying to God… so incredibly grateful to be alive. … And hey, I figure that is a pretty good attitude. We all have to go through similar times of darkness and fear in all of our lives. Instead of grumbling about it, let’s try to be thankful God that we are still here, and that we have a chance to thrive and live and learn and move forward, and draw into the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews