Thursday, April 16, 2009

2 Samuel 22:29

"For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness."
2 Samuel 22:29

I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like I have a lot of darkness. Not always sure if it is in me or around me so much as I know that it is there. And so this verse is a good reminder that God can bring light into even the darkest places, and make things clear and purposeful even when they seem the opposite. Sometimes the darkness is internal, and if we turn to God, he will help us see our darkness and purify ourselves in the light. When the darkness is external, it is harder for us to directly do anything about it, but the light *always* comes; we just have to be patient through the dark times and trust that God's light will chase away the shadows. No matter what brand of darkness you encounter… it can’t cope with God’s light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews