Sunday, June 23, 2002

Mark 10:4-5

"And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. "
Mark 10:4-5


I think that what God is saying here (though as always, I could be wrong) is that people aren't disposable.  We shouldn't just banish people from our lives because we want something new or more exciting.  We also shouldn't just dismiss people because they are different than we are.  They are still people, and they are our brothers and sisters.  I'm not preaching at you, I think I have done this way too often in my own life.  Gotten rid of people or friends in my life because it was easier than overcoming a difference or learning a new concept. :)  Life isn't easy, and there are a lot of things to consider in interpersonal relationships, but today maybe we should think a little bit about permanence... building relationships that last, treating the people around us with love and respect... apologizing when we need to, accepting some humility rather than cutting off all contact. :)  I wonder if we are going to be ready for the real, serious commitment of eternity. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews