Friday, June 14, 2002

Alma 28:13

"And thus we see how great the inequality of man is because of sin and transgression, and the power of the devil, which comes by the cunning plans which he hath devised to ensnare the hearts of men."
Alma 28:13


Interesting... you see all of the stark inequality in the world and it doesn't really occur to you that it is all because of unrighteousness... not, I think, unrighteousness necessarily on the part of the disadvantaged, but unrighteousness on the part of the privileged, not providing for our brothers... Probably unrighteousness in a myriad of ways.  But what strikes me is that the answer to the inequality is righteousness.  I never looked at the solution that way before.  Government and social programs... individual intervention yes.  Righteousness, no.  I'm not even sure why I didn't think about it, but one of the reasons could be that it puts the responsibility back on me.  As I am righteous, I am contributing to the lessening of inequality... and I am also building up Zion, which I like to do as well. :)  So, anyway, I'd better get cracking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews