Thursday, June 27, 2002

Deuteronomy 34:10

"And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face."
Deuteronomy 34:10


I wonder why there was no one to fill Moses' shoes. :)  Is it because the Lord chose to reveal himself to a lesser extent to the next guy, or because he didn't find anyone who was willing to fill them to that extent? :) I think that would be a huge responsibility.  Talking to the Lord face to face would be fascinating, informative, and scary... but to have to go and DO something about it... that's where the panic sets in for me. :)  And to have responsibility for all those people... wow.  I think about President Hinckley and how he manages to handle all of that responsibility and still be absolutely cheerful... and about Nephi and his father facing the abandonment of their home and entire past... Even Jonah, who grumbled (as I would probably do as well) about what the Lord asked him to do, but eventually went and did it.  They are all amazing.  What a huge job, and what amazing people they are.  I hope I can find some of that same courage in order to actually *do* something about the things that the Lord and I talk about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews