Saturday, June 29, 2002

Helaman 1:6

"And it came to pass that Pacumeni, when he saw that he could not obtain the judgement-seat, he did unite with the voice of the people."
Helaman 1:6


This is kind of interesting... this verse is in the middle of a story about three brothers who all wanted to be the person to take the judgement seat after their father (who had held the judgement seat) died.  So, they had a vote and, as is the case with things like this, only one of them came out with the vote. :)  This verse talks about Pacumeni, one of the other brothers, who went along with the voice of the people.  Unfortunately, the other losing brother encouraged the people who were behind him to rebel against the government, and caused a lot of problems for the community.  I wonder how often in my life I am like the brother that started a rebellion.  When things don't go the way that I want them to, can I accept it, or do I have to find some way to win, no matter the cost?  I think that it has a lot to do with our trust in God.  Do we trust him that things are going HIS way, even when they aren't what we had in mind, or do we fight to get our way, even when God's way is a different direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews