Monday, December 30, 2019

Nehemiah 1:8-9 -- On Scattering and Gathering

"Remember, I beseech thee, the word that thou commandedst thy servant Moses, saying, If ye transgress, I will scatter you abroad among the nations:
But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there."
Nehemiah 1:8-9


I like the whole scatter-gather idea here.  It reminds me of the Tower of Babel as well, people being divided and scattered, but if people stayed dedicated to God like the Brother of Jared and his family, then they stayed together.  Perhaps even internally we can be a lot more scattered when we don't have God's spirit to help us focus. :)

Today, let's remember that we are more united and together when we stick with God, and that everything is better with him than without him.  So many things in the world try to distract and divide us, but God is the unifying force resisting all of that.  If we turn to him, we will be able to stand together and prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews