Thursday, October 17, 2019

Psalms 116:1-4 -- On Delivering Our Souls

"I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul."
Psalms 116:1-4


I like in the second verse where it basically says, I will talk to God because he listens to me. :)  That's a pretty good reason to talk to someone, and a good reason to love them.  Listening, while miraculous in itself sometimes, I know, is also paired with deliverance in the next verses, which might be even more amazing. :)

We all suffer the sorrows of death and the pains of hell at some point, whether literally or symbolically (on the death/dying part--let's hope the hell part is all symbolic).  And we definitely all find trouble and sorrow.  And perhaps we all beseech the Lord to deliver our souls.

This is where it comes full circle though.  The Lord doesn't just listen when we talk to him about our lives and our hopes... he listens when we plead and are in pain, and when we beseech of him to deliver our souls.  And he does.

Today, let's call on the Lord in whatever circumstance we are in, and let's work on listening to his voice in our lives as well, to make it easier to communicate with him overall. :)  More talking, more listening, more obedience, more deliverance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews