Saturday, December 3, 2016

Jeremiah 17:14 -- On True Healing

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise."
Jeremiah 17:14


I really liked this today because I think we try to heal ourselves a lot of different ways that really don't work.  We feel a void within ourselves, and we try so many things to fill it, but it is never the right fit.  Whatever it is seems to fill our emptiness temporarily, but it never lasts.  But when *God* heals us, he knows what will fill our emptiness permanently.  He knows how to heal, fill, and save us.  And his way lasts.

It's important to realize that our attempts to heal our spiritual ills without God are ultimately pointless.  For true healing, spiritual, physical, mental, emotional... God is essential.  It's hard to be humble and admit that we need help.  But with God, not only does he know how to heal us, but he knows how to help us without taking away our freedom, or our independence.  He is helping us grow into our best selves, not robots or clones. :)

Today, let's take a step back from trying to heal our own problems without God, and ask for his divine help.  Let's turn to God for healing that actually works.  For salvation that actually saves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews