Saturday, October 15, 2016

2 Nephi 29:9-11 -- On the Continuing Word of God

"And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.
Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written."
2 Nephi 29:9-11


Here, God reminds us that he is still around, and still speaking to us, and also that we will be judged by our actions in reference to what he has said.  An excellent reminder and motivation to read our scriptures, to pray, and to find out for ourselves what God has to say.  Today, let's not assume that God is dead or silent.  Let's go to him, and study, read, and listen.  Let's rejoice in the living Christ and his continued communication to his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews