Friday, March 11, 2016

Psalms 27:10-14 -- On Waiting in the Lord's Way

"When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."
Psalms 27:10-14


These verses are a good reminder that we can always depend on the Lord.  Even when our closest friends or family forsake us, even if we are in trouble with the law, or threatened with physical harm.

David reminds us to not be rash, to learn from the Lord, to believe that we will see good in this life.  God will strengthen our hearts, but we have to be patient and allow God to work in our lives rather than despairing or taking rash action, and thereby making things worse.

I don't think that this means just to sit around and wait for the Lord to fix everything, mind you.  We need to actively seek instruction and have the faith to act on our belief in the Lord, through doing the things that he asks.  But we should be patient and not expect a reversal of fortune or attitude immediately.  It takes time for us to learn God's lessons, and sometimes we need time and distance from bad things in our lives before we can see them with a clearer perspective... but if we stick with God, he will teach our minds and our hearts, and we will get there. :)

Today, let's wait in God's way... learning, and growing, and preparing our minds and hearts for the opportunities and blessings that the Lord is sending our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews