Monday, June 15, 2015

Psalms 27:1 -- On the Happily Ever After

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalms 27:1


I like this idea: we never have to be afraid, because God is in our lives, strengthening, enlightening, and saving.
We hide it pretty well, but I think we are often afraid.  We worry about losing our jobs, health issues, children's well being, the choices of others, moving, societal ills, paying the bills, our families, our friends... so many things we worry about and are afraid of.  And some bad things might happen, for sure.  All of our fears are not unfounded in that way.  However, with God, there isn't anything that we can't handle.  We can face any challenge and weather any storm when God is with us.  We might lose jobs, have people close to us die, face serious health problems, or any of a number of other things that we worry about.  But God can get us through all of it.  He never fails us.  Today, let's try to calm our fears and have confidence in God.  Whatever we face, we can face it with him, and things will turn out okay in the end.  God is the author, and with him we can find the happily ever after. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews