Saturday, November 1, 2014

Psalms 118:28 -- On Our God

"Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee."
Psalms 118:28


What strikes me about this verse is something that we see in a lot of verses, but which struck me specifically in this one.  I like the fact that it illustrates the personalization of our relationship with deity by saying *my* God.  And I think that maybe that is what is missing in our dedication sometimes.  We often think of God as impersonal and generic... kind of a Wizard of Oz floating head instead of someone more personal, who makes a difference in our lives every day.  God is the most personal being in the universe, because he has an infinite capacity to understand and deal with us individually, but since no one here on earth has that same capacity, it is hard for us to grasp.  I think though, it is an important breakthrough in our relationship with God to get to this point, and understand, and *choose* him individually as our own personal God.
Today, let's make sure that we are choosing God, and praising and exalting him as ours.  When we make that choice, I think we move into a place where we feel some ownership responsibility in that relationship, and it makes a massive difference in allowing us to feel a greater love for a relationship that we have chosen rather than one we feel forced into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews