Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Moses 3:5

"And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God, created all things, of which I have spoken, spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth. For I, the Lord God, had not caused it to rain upon the face of the earth. And I, the Lord God, had created all the children of men; and not yet a man to till the ground; for in heaven created I them; and there was not yet flesh upon the earth, neither in the water, neither in the air;"
Moses 3:5


This says that we were all created before there was anyone actually on the earth.  So, presumably, we all existed together in the same place where God was before coming here.  I wonder about that time.  How well did we know each other... are there friendships that started there that we get echoes of here?  Were there spiritual cockroaches?  Presumably yes, right?  I wonder if we all got along better then. :)
I also think that the idea of creating everything spiritually first is interesting... it seems like that shows that some part of us is more permanent than this life.  Not only some part of us, but some part of everything... in the water and in the air as well.  I like that idea of eternal resilience.  That the body isn't everything, but some part of us knows more than this life, and that somehow we can tap into that part of ourselves sometimes, and see past mortal limits.  Today, let's think about the spiritual part of ourselves and reach beyond perceived limitation, remembering that we are eternal beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews