Friday, January 20, 2012

Philippians 4:11-13

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Philippians 4:11-13


Things come up in life that throw us for a loop sometimes... sometimes expected or anticipated changes, and sometimes out-of-the-blue changes. Both can be difficult, and here Paul tells us here that he has learned to be content through it all. :) Amazing. :)
I love the contrasts in the second verse ... basically saying, I'm okay no matter what happens. :) When things are going well, I know how to share my success with others, and when things are going badly, I know how to get help and still be able to serve others. I know how to be happy with my life the way it is, but also to plan improvements in myself and my life. I know how to have peace inside when things are crazy outside, and how to work towards a goal even when things seem stagnant. Basically, I can deal with anything... I'm a superhero. :)
And then in the last verse, he tells us how. He can do ANYTHING, because Christ is the one helping him, teaching him, and showing him that the vicissitudes of this life are not what matters... it is that inner happiness and peace we get from understanding God's plan, and learning to love God and other people. Today, let's learn from Paul--and from God. Let's learn to be superheroes as well. Let's work on the inner calm, and then we can start working on the flying around and saving people part. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews