Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ezra 9:5-6

"And at the evening sacrifice I arose up from my heaviness; and having rent my garment and my mantle, I fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands unto the Lord my God,
And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens."
Ezra 9:5-6


This struck me today because I think we all feel this way sometimes. And our iniquities *are* increased over our head, and we're ashamed, and it is hard to feel good about anything because we don't know how to get out, and we start losing hope that we'll ever be able to overcome ... anything. Ourselves. And I think that these verses are amazing because they show us exactly what we should do during those points in our lives, when we feel completely overwhelmed and inadequate in facing our trials. ... We should get down on our knees, and tell God exactly what is going on. Sometimes we feel embarrassed or ashamed, and think that God won't listen to us. That's okay. Just tell him that too. We think that our trials and our iniquities reach the heavens and are insurmountable. That's okay too. Just say it to God. ... And when we are in a situation like that, it doesn't seem probable, or maybe even possible, but prayer works even then. God is always the way out of an impossible situation, and even if he isn't pleased with our behavior... he *always* wants to help us improve and come closer to him. If we go to him with sincerity and lay out what our concerns are, he'll always help. Today, whether we're feeling overwhelmed or not, let's lay our lives out in front of God and talk to him about our concerns. He's always willing to help, if we can be open to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews