Wednesday, January 20, 2010

John 14:12-14

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."
John 14:12-14


This is an intriguing set of verses. And an amazing promise. :) They were directed to the apostles, but I think they apply to us as well. If we believe, and work to that point, we can do things like Christ did, and he will respond to our requests as though they were his own. The key here is the belief and the faith that it takes to get there. God answers our prayers anyway, but we don't always ask for good things. Sometimes the answer is no... sometimes it is wait. Sometimes it is granted instantly. Sometimes we get what we wanted, and we have to learn the lesson the hard way that it isn't really what we should have. Let's work today on asking for good things, and listening to God when he recommends something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews