Thursday, July 27, 2006

Job 27:6-8

"My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous.
For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?"
Job 27:6-8


This is pretty cool.  I like the "my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live." ... what a great, amazing principle to stand up for.  I know that my heart has reproached me quite a few times in the past.  I would like to live so that it never does again. :)   I like the last verse as well... because, as always, that is what it comes down to.   What good is it to disobey God, or to gain ANYTHING else, when we're losing our own souls in the process... when our own hearts reproach us?  It isn't worth it.   Let's take this day and try to incorporate Job's words into our lives... let's hang on to our souls, and try to live above reproach from our own hearts.  And, if we can do it today... then maybe we can try doing it for longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews