Wednesday, December 28, 2005

3 Nephi 12:43-44

"And behold it is written also, that thou shalt love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy;
But behold I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you."
3 Nephi 12:43-44


I have a hard time doing good to people that hate me.  Maybe it is human nature… but it is that part of human nature that we probably need to overcome.   This strikes me as a definite “higher law” today… people who lived this way would be calm in the face of anything.  No one could push their buttons and make them annoyed or angry.   People who live this way seem to me to be the epitome of true love: they love everyone.  They know that interactions and relationships aren’t about competition or conquest, and you can’t do *anything* to them that would make them stop loving you, and working for your good.  Sometimes people like this seem “gullible” or “easily used” or something… but I think, truly, that they have something that I need.  That calm, that strength… no matter what is happening to them personally, they can see the bigger picture and make the right choice anyway… despite all. … I think that is completely, utterly amazing.  I need to work on becoming one of those people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews